Vitec has the Basic Environmental Philosophy at the foundation of its environmental management system. Our commitment to the environment and our concrete measures are expressed in the Basic Environmental Policy. We implement our environmental measures thereof, setting specific environmental goals and targets.
Basic Environmental Philosophy
Vitec's basic environmental philosophy is based upon the following precepts:
- We recognize that to secure the environment where all ecosystems on Earth can develop in harmony with nature is the biggest challenge mankind faces.
- Taking into consideration Earth's limited resources and using them in an efficient way, Vitec aims to pursue its business with no cost to the environment.
- It is our aim to establish a system where our employees can recognize environmental issues and measures needed to compensate for them.
- We will educate our staff to deepen their awareness and understanding of environmental issues.
Basic Environmental Policy
- 1. Vitec is a general technology trading company dealing with semiconductors and electronic components and, in its corporate activities, aware of the environmental impact resulting from the characteristics of products or services that the company deals with in order to protect and/or improve the environment.
- 2. Through distribution to our customers, Vitec spreads high value-added environmental products and services widely in the society.
- 3. Vitec continuously makes improvements (including efficiency improvement and cost reduction) and prevent contamination to protect the global environment, making the best use of the Company's environmental management system.
- 4. Vitec complies with environmental laws, regulations, and other requirements that the Company agrees to fulfill.
- 5. To implement the Environmental Policy, Vitec takes the following actions.
- (1) Marketing of environment-conscious products
- (2) Prevention of environmental contamination
- (3) Energy and space saving
- (4) Maintaining and improving environmental protection efforts
- (5) Setting environmental goals and targets, such as awareness raising for resource saving
- 6. Putting the Environmental Policy into document form and using computer systems, Vitec ensures that every one of its employees and people working for the organization knows the management system, which is used to implement and maintain environmentally sound business operations and obtain feedback on the results.
- 7. This Environmental Policy is posted on the Company's Website and other media to make it available to the general public.
Environmental Protection Features of Headquarters Building
The headquarters building, which was completed in March 2002, received the New Office Environment Award from the 15th Nikkei New Office Awards (2002). The building has a host of features including energy-saving capability to cut life-cycle cost by 20%.
Features of the headquarters building include:
- Lighting provided with automatic energy-saving capability incorporating human presence sensors
- High thermal insulation by double glass
- Use of midnight power by ice thermal storage
- Use of daylight by gradation blinds
- Seismic isolation structure as antiearthquake measure
- Reduced environmental load, such as waste disposal, achieved by longer lasting building
- RC partitions in underground electrical room as floodproof measure
- Comfortable room air-conditioning structure
- Pursuit of comfortable work environment by well-designed building structure